Baseball and Softball season is here and almost in full swing across the country. Scores and stats are rolling in and many of our coaches are using our partner, GameChanger, for their stats.
GameChanger is a mobile app and website that provides scorekeeping, stats and more. MaxPreps and GameChanger have partnered together to simplify the stat-keeping process even further; Stat the game on GameChanger and it can be automatically synced to MaxPreps. No more manual entry or hours spent typing the book! Just log in and approve the stats with one click.
Sounds easy enough right? Well it is, but we can all use a little help getting started. Here are the steps to create your GameChanger account if you haven’t signed up yet:
- Go to www.gamechanger.io and click on ‘Sign In’.
- Click on ‘Create an Account for Free’.
- Enter your first and last name, email address and password
- On the next page, click 'Add Your Team'
- Click 'Add Your Team and Continue' when you’re done
Already registered? Here are the steps to sync your GameChanger account with MaxPreps.
- Go to www.gamechanger.io and and click on 'Sign In'.
- Once you are signed in, go to “Team Settings” under “Overview”
- Find the “MaxPreps Status” and hit “Configure”
- Fill out the information about your school (this is how it syncs with our database)
- Great! Now you are synced. Go to “Roster” and import your roster from MaxPreps
- Go to “Schedule” and import your schedule from MaxPreps
Stat files not coming over to MaxPreps? No worries! You can export the stat file from GameChanger.io and upload them to MaxPreps.
- Go to the "Schedule/Results" tab
- Click on the score for the game you wish to export the stats
- Within the boxscore page, go to the stats tab
- You will then see a "MaxPreps CSV" button
- Save the file to your computer/desktop
- Login to MaxPreps.com and go to your Coach Admin
- Go to the Stats tab; select "Enter Stats" for that game
- Enter the boxscore then click on "Save & Import Stats" at the bottom of the page
- Select the file from your computer and click "Import"